Help us celebrate Krampusnacht (Krampus Night, traditionally observed on December 5) a few days early with a Krampus parade at Christkindlmarket Des Moines on Saturday, December 3 starting at 6:30pm
A Krampuslauf (Running of the Krampuses) is a fun run or walk of celebrants dressed as the wicked beast. Dust off your Krampus costume and parade through the festival grounds. Led by Saint Nicholas and your handlers, take a turn through the Christkindlmarket Des Moines venue portraying traditional (and family-friendly) Krampi.
Where the parade takes you after Christkindlmarket Des Moines is up to you and your handlers. But do let the merriment continue!
Who is Krampus?
• Hear the proper pronunciation: Krampus is pronounced “krohm-poo-s” as in “con & puss,” NOT “kram-puh-s” as in “campus.
• Video: Top 5 Krampus Facts and Origin
• Video: Krampus parade in Hollabrunn, Austria
• Video: Who Is Krampus? | National Geographic
Don’t have a Krampus costume? Here are a few resources:
• Amazon: http://ow.ly/G15B50u3HDn
About the author