One of the best traditions at Christkindlmarket Des Moines is blessing Iowa nonprofits with a little extra funds for the holiday season by participating in the Silent Auction.
This is our 7th year hosting “angel” organizations in our Christmas Forest and we never get tired of the beauty and creativity on display all weekend.
As our Silent Auction has evolved, so has our bidding process. We have an online platform which also has a text to bid option, too! Read on for bidding instructions…
Text the keyword cdm2023 to 843.606.5995 or go to event.gives/cdm2023 to register and start bidding on November 30th at 5pm. Bidding will end December 3rd at 5pm. Winning bidders will pick up trees immediately following the auction between 5:30 and 7:30 Sunday, December 3rd in the roundabout adjacent to the market. We wrap the tree fully decorated for easy transportation and set up in the new location. With an additional $5 cash donation at pickup, you can take the tree stand, too.
- Text to join the event. If you have not used this site before, it will ask for your name.
- You can find item numbers on the Item Cards set up at the event. All item numbers will have a zero first. The zero must be input for the text-to-bid system to register this as an item and not a bid.
- Once you have texted the item number, it will text you what the current bid is or you can view it on the website.
- Then you simply text in your bid, no dollar signs or commas needed.
- It will confirm your bid AND give you the opportunity to text “delete bid” if you entered your bid incorrectly.
- We will notify you through text each time you are outbid and give you the opportunity to bid again.
Reminder: Bidding begins November 30th at 5pm and ends December 3rd at 5pm with trees being picked up 30 minutes after the market closes: 5:30-7:30.